Business Development Representative
Virtual Peaker is looking for a high-performing Sales Development Representative who will help save the world by working to build the utility of the future. At Virtual Peaker, there are two key components of our company identity: Firstly, we have strong opinions held loosely. Secondly, we are biased toward action. With that in mind, we are looking for candidates that exhibit the following:
- Proven track record of success
- Appreciation and respect for diversity of thought and culture.
- Willingness to defend your opinion using facts and reason and change your mind when presented with a compelling counterargument.
- Ability to work independently and a desire to take responsibility for your own success.
- Ability to work successfully on a team.
- Be an all-around nice person (no jerks allowed).
In this role, you will support Virtual Peaker’s sales team to develop and execute high-impact prospecting and outreach campaigns across various channels. This position is ideal for someone looking to enter a business development or sales role at a rapidly growing B2B startup doing big things.
- Coordinate multi-channel (email, phone, etc.) outbound prospecting campaigns
- Make 70 – 80 outbound calls a day
- Send 30 – 40 emails a day
- Set 7* qualified appointments a week
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Achieve your goal for sales qualified leads on a quarterly basis
- Engage current customers to expand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop account intelligence
- Effectively partner and work across the Sales and Marketing teams
- Perform outreach before and after Marketing events
- Work closely with our Customer Success Team to develop account intelligence, relationship maps, and use case opportunities through direct account engagement and insight tools
- Schedule appointments for Account Executives and Account Directors
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations over the phone and email
- Act as the subject matter expert on SaaS product offerings/solution development skills
- Lead the management of Virtual Peaker’s prospect database (run through Hubspot) and adjacent systems
- Research industry trends via LinkedIn, Google Alerts, etc. for additional prospecting opportunities.
Education & Experience
The candidate will ideally have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 2+ years working in a business environment
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft office suite – especially Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)
- Experience with high volume email and cold call outreach
Nice to have:
- 2+ years experience in sales, marketing, or business development
- Experience and/or interest in the energy/utility industry
- Experience using Google Suite and Slack
- Experience using Hubspot CRM
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Virtual Peaker is currently a small team tackling huge problems, and that means that everyone, from the interns on up, is critically important to our mission. If you want to be a bit player on a huge team thinking about micro-optimizations, this role is definitely not for you. If you want to take responsibility for changing the outcome of human civilization, we want to hear from you.
Equity in the company will be provided
Location: This position is for US-based candidates only. We are a remote-first company, but you are always welcome in our cozy office in Louisville (Nulu), KY.
Apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org