Utility Sales Executive
Virtual Peaker is looking for a Sales Executive that will help save the world by working to build the utility of the future. Renewable energy is going to save humanity, but the intermittent nature of wind and solar energy makes it much harder for electric utilities to keep the grid in balance. The Virtual Peaker Software as a Service platform helps utilities keep the grid in balance by interacting with residential IoT devices to change their behavior, thereby easing the transition away from fossil fuels.
The utility sales executive will be responsible for initiating and completing the sales process, from initial contact, to contract execution and ongoing contract maintenance and upsell. Key day to day activities include:
- Prospecting and lead generation
- Attendance at industry events and conferences
- Software demos to key internal decision-makers
- Development of relationships within utilities
- Maintenance of data and information within VP’s internal CRM system (run on HubSpot)
- Proposal writing support
Education & Experience
Candidate must have:
- At least two years of experience in a sales role, such as sales executive, sales development representative, or account executive.
- Experience in carrying and meeting (or exceeding) a sales quota
- Experience in the B2B sale of a complex and/or enterprise product with long (6-18 month) sales cycles.
- Extensive experience working within a web-based CRM ecosystem such as Salesforce, Hubspot, or Zoho.
- Willingness to travel 25-40% of the time.
- A four-year degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Basic understanding of Software-as-a-service (SaaS).
Nice to have:
- Experience selling software or other solutions directly to utilities
- Experience using Hubspot CRM
- Time working with (and ultimately achieving) sales quotas and targets
- Strong understanding of the utility/energy space
- Experience working at a startup or other small, high growth companies (especially software as a service – SaaS)
- Has received some form of professional sales training (e.g. Sandler, Miller-Heiman, etc.)
Virtual Peaker is currently a small team tackling huge problems, and that means that everyone, from the interns on up, is critically important to our mission. If you want to be a bit player on a huge team thinking about micro-optimizations, this role is definitely not for you. If you want to take responsibility for changing the outcome of human civilization, we want to hear from you.
Location: Virtual Peaker is a remote-first company and is open to this position being 100% remote.
Apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org