Sales Development Manager
Virtual Peaker is looking for a high-performing Sales Development Manager who will help save the world by working to build the utility of the future. At Virtual Peaker, there are two key components of our company identity: Firstly, we have strong opinions held loosely. Secondly, we are biased toward action. With that in mind, we are looking for candidates that exhibit the following:
- Proven track record of success
- Appreciation and respect for diversity of thought and culture.
- Willingness to defend your opinion using facts and reason and change your mind when presented with a compelling counterargument.
- Ability to work independently and a desire to take responsibility for your own success.
- Ability to work successfully on a team.
- Be an all-around nice person (no jerks allowed).
The Manager, Sales Development Representative (SDR Manager) is a key role within our sales organization. The SDR Manager will be responsible for a team (SDRs) who are responsible for outbound lead generation. As a manager, your job is to lead a team of SDRs (Sales Development Representatives) to create qualified opportunities for the sales team, train other members of the SDR team, and take on operational and administrative tasks to help the SDR team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the SDRs and will help to hire, train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs. The SDR Manager will also be responsible for sales forecasting, analytics, productivity, CRM maintenance, and other sales support functions. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Sales.
- Experience building and expanding a team while driving revenue growth.
- Effective communicator, sales coach, and motivator.
- Manage a successful sales support team and ensure that the team consistently meets or exceeds sales performance metrics.
- Analyze performance metrics data and leverage it to effectively coach and develop the Sales Development team.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new processes and procedures for effective and efficient team operations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Virtual Peaker’s core products via successful completion of training programs, and utilize this knowledge to successfully lead Sales Support operations.
- Work with VP of Sales to create and maintain a world-class Sales culture, focused on delivering results by providing ongoing coaching and development of sales support staff.
- Work with sales managers to motivate and drive the performance of the Sales Team. Consistently ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behaviors align with Virtual Peaker’s Values
- Remain knowledgeable of key processes, business initiatives, and internal resources in order to assist the sales team and recruitment in accomplishing company goals.
- Continuously research and remain knowledgeable of industry trends and competition.
- Complete sales forecasts and sales activity reports and presentations in a timely manner.
- Onboard and train new hires; train all team members on new processes, tools, technologies, etc. as necessary
- Generate and maintain expert knowledge of the Virtual Peaker product, the utility industry, competition, market happenings, and trends
Candidate must have:
Proven record of defining, tracking, and managing daily, weekly, and monthly activities/metrics of your team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant sales experience
- Leadership: 2-4+ years of team management experience
- Sales: 2+ years in quota-carrying individual-contributor sales roles
- Possess a strong ability to train, coach, mentor, and motivate individuals and teams
- Adept at establishing and maintaining trusting relationships with direct reports, lateral colleagues, and stakeholders
- Is a collaborative, supportive, and nurturing leader that holds their team(s) accountable with clear expectations
- Share our mindset that problems are opportunities for teachable moments
- Strong computer skills, including HubSpot (or equivalent CRM) and Google Suite Tools
Virtual Peaker is currently a small team tackling huge problems, and that means that everyone, from the interns on up, is critically important to our mission. If you want to be a bit player on a huge team thinking about micro-optimizations, this role is definitely not for you. If you want to take responsibility for changing the outcome of human civilization, we want to hear from you.
Salary and equity based on experience.
Location: This position is for US-based candidates only. We are a remote-first company, but you are always welcome in our cozy office in Louisville (Nulu), KY.
Apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org