Machine Learning Engineer
Virtual Peaker is looking for a Machine Learning Engineer (MLE) that will help solve the climate crisis by supporting our mission of building the utility of the future. The intermittent nature of wind and solar energy make it much harder for electric utilities to keep the grid in balance. Renewable energy is going to save humanity, and Virtual Peaker is part of the solution.
We are looking for an MLE that will help us develop the systems needed to deploy state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and models into production in a high-reliability environment. Your primary focus will be in developing and supporting an MLOps framework for deploying machine learning models within our software system.
- Evaluating and improving on the existing MLOps framework.
- Working with data scientists to deploy models into production.
- Understanding business needs and translating them into performance metrics
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
Education & Experience
The candidate will ideally have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, software development, or a related field
- Experience in software engineering around designing, building, and updating ML Ops systems.
- Experience with cloud computing frameworks such as GCP and AWS.
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms (e.g., k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests)
- Experience with common data science toolkits and libraries (e.g., R, Weka, NumPy, Sklearn)
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Data-oriented personality.
- MS or PhD in relevant field
What to Expect
- Full remote position, with remote-work stipend.
- Competitive salary + Equity
- A collaborative workplace, which will challenge you and celebrate your work
- Full benefits medical, dental, vision, 401k
- Generous vacation time, sick leave, and holidays
- Diverse and inclusive community for everyone
Virtual Peaker is currently a small team tackling huge problems, and that means that everyone, from the interns on up, are critically important to our mission. If you want to be a bit player on a huge team thinking about micro-optimizations, this role is definitely not for you. If you want to take responsibility for changing the outcome of human civilization, we want to hear from you.
Salary and equity based on experience.
Location: We are remote-first company, but you are always welcome in our cozy office in Louisville (Nulu), KY.
Apply: email email@example.com