IT & Security Manager
Virtual Peaker is looking for an IT & Security Manager that will help solve the climate crisis by supporting our mission of building the utility of the future. The intermittent nature of wind and solar energy makes it much harder for electric utilities to keep the grid in balance. Renewable energy is going to save humanity, and Virtual Peaker is part of the solution.
As the IT & Security Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining our security culture and progressively moving it forward. You’ll also be responsible for heading up IT tasks for our remote-first company and Louisville co-working space.
- Continue development of policies and processes to maintain and improve Virtual Peaker’s overall security
- Work with other departments to ensure business systems and information systems comply with various standards and industry best practices
- Provide risk analysis and recommendations for future system enhancements
- Facilitate future SOC 2 audits and third-party penetration tests
- Evaluate new IT and security tools or services and administer the existing ones
- Collaborate with sales and engineering teams to respond to customer and potential customer questionnaires
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees for matters dealing with security
- Investigate potential security events and lead response as necessary
- Plan content and tests for security awareness training program
- Purchase and provision employee Macbooks (we’re entirely an apple shop)
- Maintain our Louisville coworking space’s IT infrastructure, including a device lab for testing manufacturer devices
- Assist remote workforce with IT tasks (e.g. provisioning access to SAAS products, performing account recovery)
Education and Experience
An ideal candidate will have some combination of the following:
- The ability to evaluate the security of the business or technical processes
- Experience working within cyber security
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience managing office IT infrastructure
- Experience working with Apple and G-suite products and services
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Ability to travel as needed to support Louisville location (our office space is small, so this shouldn’t be frequent)
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player attitude
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
What to expect
- Full remote position, with remote-work stipend.
- Competitive salary + Equity
- A collaborative workplace, which will challenge you and celebrate your work
- Full benefits medical, dental, vision, 401k
- Generous vacation time, sick leave, and holidays
- A diverse and inclusive community for everyone
Virtual Peaker is currently a small team tackling huge problems, and that means that everyone, from the interns on up, is critically important to our mission. If you want to be a bit player on a huge team thinking about micro-optimizations, this role is definitely not for you. If you want to take responsibility for changing the outcome of human civilization, we want to hear from you.
Salary and equity based on experience.
Location: This position is for US-based candidates only. We are a remote-first company, but you are always welcome in our cozy office in Louisville (Nulu), KY.
Apply: email email@example.com