Director, Enterprise Sales
Virtual Peaker is looking for a high-performing Sales Director that will help save the world by working to build the utility of the future. Renewable energy is going to save humanity, but the intermittent nature of wind and solar energy makes it much harder for electric utilities to keep the grid in balance. The Virtual Peaker Software as a Service platform helps utilities keep the grid in balance by interacting with residential IoT devices to change their behavior, thereby easing the transition away from fossil fuels.
At Virtual Peaker, there are two key components of our company identity: Firstly, we have strong opinions held loosely. Secondly, we are biased toward action. With that in mind, we are looking for candidates that exhibit the following:
- Proven track record of success
- Appreciation and respect for diversity of thought and culture.
- Willingness to defend your opinion using facts and reason and change your mind when presented with a compelling counterargument.
- Ability to work independently and a desire to take responsibility for your own success.
- Ability to work successfully on a team.
- Be an all-around nice person (no jerks allowed).
The Enterprise Sales Director will be responsible for initiating and completing the sales process, from initial contact, to contract execution and ongoing contract maintenance and upsell for large, key contracts. Key day to day activities include:
- Initiating and maintaining relationships with large, investor-owned utilities
- Attendance at industry events and conferences
- Software demos to key internal decision-makers
- Proposal writing
- Maintenance of data and information within VP’s internal CRM system (run on HubSpot)
- Management of a team of utility executives, also responsible for selling into utilities
Candidate must have:
- At least 7 years of experience in a sales role, such as sales executive or sales director responsible for selling into utilities
- A deep understanding of the utility industry, specifically as it relates to distributed energy resources (DERs)
- Experience in carrying and meeting (or exceeding) a sales quota
- Experience in the B2B sale of a complex and/or enterprise product with a long (6-18 month) sales cycle
- Experience in drafting and delivering proposal responses to RFP/Q/I releases from utility companies – with or without the support of a proposal team
- Extensive experience working within a web-based CRM ecosystem such as Salesforce, Hubspot, or Zoho.
- Willingness to travel 20-30% of the time (Covid-dependent)
- A four-year degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Basic understanding of Software-as-a-service (SaaS)
Nice to have:
- Sales management experience, including team development and pipeline management
- Experience using Hubspot CRM
- Experience working at a startup or other small, high growth companies (especially software as a service – SaaS)
- Has received some form of professional sales training (e.g. Sandler, Miller-Heiman, etc.)
Virtual Peaker is currently a small team tackling huge problems, and that means that everyone, from the interns on up, is critically important to our mission. If you want to be a bit player on a huge team thinking about micro-optimizations, this role is definitely not for you. If you want to take responsibility for changing the outcome of human civilization, we want to hear from you.
Salary and equity based on experience.
Location: This position is for US-based candidates only. We are a remote-first company, but you are always welcome in our cozy office in Louisville (Nulu), KY.
Apply: email email@example.com