Virtual Peaker is looking for a Data Scientist that will help solve the climate crisis by supporting our mission of building the utility of the future. The intermittent nature of wind and solar energy make it much harder for electric utilities to keep the grid in balance. Renewable energy is going to save humanity, and Virtual Peaker is part of the solution.
We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in doing statistical analysis, building high quality prediction systems, and working with a Machine Learning Engineer to hone an MLOps system that integrates deeply with our products and services. The core of our needs revolve around forecasting time series data streams, like aggregate device power consumption and EV charging behavior.
- Design and implement statistical and ML models.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Education & Experience
The candidate will ideally have:
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality
- Experience deploying production models.
- MS or PhD in relevant field
What to Expect
- Full remote position, with remote-work stipend.
- Competitive salary + Equity
- A collaborative workplace, which will challenge you and celebrate your work
- Full benefits medical, dental, vision, 401k
- Generous vacation time, sick leave, and holidays
- Diverse and inclusive community for everyone
Virtual Peaker is currently a small team tackling huge problems, and that means that everyone, from the interns on up, are critically important to our mission. If you want to be a bit player on a huge team thinking about micro-optimizations, this role is definitely not for you. If you want to take responsibility for changing the outcome of human civilization, we want to hear from you.
Salary and equity based on experience.
Location: We are remote-first company, but you are always welcome in our cozy office in Louisville (Nulu), KY.
Apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org