Virtual Peaker is looking for an Account Executive that will help save the world by working to build the utility of the future. Renewable energy will save humanity, but the intermittent nature of wind and solar power makes it much harder for electric utilities to keep the grid in balance. The Virtual Peaker SaaS platform helps utilities keep the grid in balance by interacting with residential IoT devices to change their behavior, thereby easing the transition away from fossil fuels.
At Virtual Peaker, there are two key components of our company identity: a willingness to explore the best ideas and action. With that in mind, we’re looking for candidates that exhibit the following:
- Comfort and experience working in a high-paced environment with high expectations
- A willingness to be coached, trained, and mentored
- Appreciation and respect for diversity of thought and culture
- Willingness to defend your opinion using facts and reason and change your mind when presented with a compelling counterargument
- Ability to work independently and a desire to take responsibility for your own success
- Comfort with making decisions despite ambiguity and limited information
- Ability to work successfully on a team
- Comfort with public speaking, especially in sales pitches
- Be an all-around nice person (no jerks allowed)
The Account Executive will play a “hunter” role that is responsible for revenue generation from new clients. This role will do so by initiating and completing the Virtual Peaker go to market playbook–including (but not limited to) prospecting, providing technology demos, collaborating and delivering proposals, and managing contract execution. This role will be specifically focused on small to mid-size US-based utilities; typically municipal and cooperative utilities. Key day-to-day activities include:
- Developing a comprehensive strategy to drive pipeline value within assigned territory
- Collaborate with marketing to develop a strategy for and ultimately attend relevant industry events and conferences
- Effectively run and execute a sales process in a long sales cycle environment – 6-18 months
- Develop a deep and meaningful understanding of the needs of a given utility through relationship development and effective sales tactics
- Understand the competitive landscape, and be able to effectively position Virtual Peaker as a best-in-class solution
- Keep strong records of interactions within VP’s internal CRM system (run on HubSpot)
- Proposal writing support as needed, including responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs)
Candidate must have:
- At least two years of experience in a sales role, such as sales executive, sales development representative, or account executive.
- Experience in carrying and meeting (or exceeding) a sales quota
- Experience in the B2B sale of a complex and/or enterprise product with long (6-18 month) sales cycles.
- Extensive experience working within a web-based CRM ecosystem such as Salesforce, Hubspot, or Zoho.
- Willingness to travel 25-40% of the time.
- A four-year degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Basic understanding of Software-as-a-service (SaaS).
Nice to have:
- Experience selling software or other solutions directly to utilities
- Experience using Hubspot CRM
- Time working with (and ultimately achieving) sales quotas and targets
- Strong understanding of the utility/energy space
- Experience working at a startup or other small, high-growth companies (especially software as a service – SaaS)
- Has received some form of professional sales training (e.g. Sandler, Miller-Heiman, etc.)
Virtual Peaker is currently a small team tackling huge problems, which means that everyone, from the interns on up, is critically important to our mission. If you want to be a bit player on a huge team thinking about micro-optimizations, this role is not for you. If you’re ready to help mitigate climate change, we want to hear from you.
Apply here https://virtual-peaker.breezy.hr/p/ca17de7125d8-sales-account-executive